COMEDK UGET is a state level exam conducted for admission in undergraduate courses in Karnataka. It is organised every year by COMEDK. Earlier exam was conducted for Engineering, Medical and Dental courses but from this year i.e. for year 2018 it will be conducted for B.Tech and B.Arch only. For MBBS & BDS courses NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) will be conducted.
The application process will begin the month of February 2018. The application fee is Rs 1200. Candidates can fill COMEDK Application form online on official website. Last date of form submission is April 2018.
Exam will be conducted in second week of May. There are 3 sections in the exam namely Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Questions are asked from class 12th CBSE syllabus. Candidates get 3 hours to solve 180 questions.
COMEDK Results will be declared in last week of May(tentatively). Along with results, rank cards are also issued to the candidates based on COMEDK UGET Cut off
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form
To register for COMEDK UGET 2018, the candidates have to send a request for an Application form. This request is called “Request for Application (RFA)”. The candidates can get the format of Request for Application form along with the general instructions from the website https://www.comedk.org/UGRFA
Candidates have to follow the given steps to get admission in Under-Graduate programs of Engineering Medical and Dental Science
- Step – 1(Registration) – Candidates have to fill Request for Application (RFA). After filling RFA Login details will be provided.
- Step - 2 (Know Your Log in Details) – After registration, candidates will receive login details. Candidates have to login and fill the Personal Details, Educational Details, upload photograph and signature and pay application fee through DD.
- Step – 3 (Fill the Application Form) – Fill the application form with Personal Details, Educational Details, upload photograph and signature and pay application fee through DD.
- Step – 4 (Submit the Application Form) – Candidates have to submit the application form after all the details filled completely. Candidates must download the two copies of form after submission. Retain 1 copy safely and send other one along with DD and required documents to:
Step 1 – Register for COMEDK UGET 2018
Candidates can access Request for Application (RFA) at www.comedk.org/UGRFA. This link will be active from March 02, 2018. Following details are to be filled here:
- Enter the Candidate Name as appearing in 10th Mark sheet
- Date of Birth as shown in 10th Mark sheet
- Enter the Course name applying for like - MBBS/BDS (for Medical/Dental) or B.E/B.Tech (for Engineering) or both (Medical/Dental and Engineering)
- Unique ID Proof Number (Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Voter ID Card/ College ID) etc. and its details
- Enter Candidates unique email ID and Mobile number
Step 2 - Know Your Log in Details
After completing the registration for COMEDK UGET
- The candidate will receive the user name and password on their registered Email Id or Mobile number.
- Candidates are advised that they shouldn’t share the user name and password with any one
- These details will enable the user to fill the rest of the application form
- Before proceeding to the next step, please keep ready the following
- Demand draft for COMEDK UGET application fees
- 10th class marks sheet and class 12th (PUC / +2) marks sheet if applicable
Step 3 - Fill the Application Form
To complete the COMEDK UGET 2018 online application form, candidates have to cover the five parts.
In each part, candidates have to fill the relevant and correct information and must verify each field from relevant certificates and documents. These parts are given below:
Part 1 – This section contains pre-filled information that you have already entered in the Registration for Application (RFA). This section cannot be edited.
Part 2 – In this part, candidate is required to enter the following details:
- Father / Mother / Guardian’s name
- ID proof and Annual income
- Candidates nationality and gender
- Karnataka or Non-Karnataka,
- Postal address
- Category to which the candidate belongs, the minority status, belonging to any particular specialized region like Hyderabad Karnataka Region.
Part 3 – Now mention the demand draft number and its details.
Part 4 – Enter the educational details
- Details of qualifying examination (PUC) or 12th Standard or equivalent
- The year of having acquired the said qualification
- Institution Name, Place and other details
Part 5 – In this step, the candidate has to upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
The specification of photograph and signature should be as given below:
- Photograph must be a recent (3 months) with preferably light background color.
- Uploaded scanned photo and photo to be pasted in the application form should be same
- The maximum size of photo should be 200 kb.
- The dimension of the photo should be 180 x 220 pixels.
- Signature should be recorded on a white paper with a black ballpoint pen
- The maximum size of signature file should be 200 kb
- The dimension of signature should be 230 x 90 pixels.
- The images should be in jpeg or jpg format
- The signature affixed on the physical application form should be identical to the one they have uploaded
Step 4 - Submit the Application Form
After completing the above mentioned steps, candidate must verify that everything is correct and submit the COMEDK UGET 2018 online application form.
After successful submission, a unique six digit bar-coded application number would be generated. Candidate must note down this application number and write it on the reverse of the DD.
To submit the hard copy of the application form, follow the steps given below:
- Print the completed online application form on a A4 size sheet
- Candidate must affix left forefinger impression and passport size photograph in appropriate space
- This form should then should be signed by the Principal or Head Master of the College / Institution where candidate has last studied along with seal of the institution/college and date
After cross checking with the criteria for rejection of application form provided separately, candidate must send the COMEDK UGET Application Form in Physical Format (PAF) along with the Demand Draft (DD) through Speed Post to
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria
To apply for COMEDK UGET, for admission to Engineering, Medical and Dental Courses the candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
Eligibility for COMEDK UGET Medical and Dental Courses
- Candidate must have passed 2nd PUC or 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University.
- In the last two year of study, it is compulsory to study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) with English subjects
- The candidate from General category must have secured at least 50% marks taken together in PCB
- The candidates from SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka State must obtained minimum of 40% marks
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply for COMEDK UGET 2018
- The candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before December 31 of the year of the admission into MBBS and BDS programmes.
- Who can not apply for COMEDK UGET
- Applications of the following candidates will not be accepted COMEDK UGET 2018:
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination (2nd PUC/10+2 or its equivalent) prior to 2013 year
- Candidates who have qualified COMEDK earlier and selected an MBBS seat but failed to join the college
- Candidates already pursuing Medical UG course anywhere in India
- Eligibility for COMEDK UGET Engineering Courses
- Candidate must have passed 2nd PUC/10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized state/central board
- In the last two year of study, it is compulsory to study with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with English subject
- The candidate from general category must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and must have passed these subjects individually as well.
- The candidates who belong to SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka state should have scored minimum 40% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and must have passed these subjects separately also.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biology or Bio-Technology or Electronics Computer Science as one of the optional subjects
- Candidates having diploma are not eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET 2018 Entrance Test
- There is no process for lateral entry admissions
COMEDK UGET Architecture Eligibility
Candidates applying for COMEDK UGET B.Arch counselling must apply before June 2018.
- Candidate must have passed second PUC/10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and other subjects OR
- Candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma from a recognized by state or central government.
- Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka state.
- The candidates are required to have appeared in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both open and reserved Category.
- No separate Entrance Test is conducted for admission into B. Arch Course
- Candidates have to submit the separate application form for admission into B. Arch
Know More Details about COMEDK UGET Eligibility
Note: The Supreme Court passed an ordinance mentioning that (National Eligibility Entrance Test), NEET 2016 will be conducted for admission into MBBS/BDS courses in colleges run by the approval of Medical/Dental Council of India. Candidates can checkNEET for more details.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Rejection
Applications will be summarily rejected if any of application is sent without any of the mandatory documents. These types of applications will not be considered for processing. COMEDK will not inform such candidates individually whose application gets rejected.
What to do if the COMEDK UGET 2018 Application is rejected
If the candidate COMEDK UGET 2018 application form gets rejected the candidate can reapply. For this he/she has to do the following:
- Fill up a new application form along with a new DD
- DD should be drawn in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore
- Candidate must register again
- Fill the online Application form (OAF)
- Send the OAF with DD before the last date
Therefore, the candidates are advised to revise their application form, check whether it’s complete in all respects before posting.
The candidate will receive an email and SMS on their registered email Id and mobile number if there application is rejected.
Phase 2- COMEDK UGET 2018 Rank List
COMEDK UGET Rank List will be published on June 08, 2018. Candidates can check the online Rank Card of COMEDK UGET 2018 on its official website.
The online Rank Card without any of the below mentioned details will not be valid.
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Application number
- Registration number
- Candidate’s Name (as mentioned in COMEDK UGET 2018 application form).
- Candidate’s Postal address and contact details (as mentioned in the COMEDK UGET application form).
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form) with digital signature of COMEDK Authority
- Date of Birth and Category.
- Unique photo ID proof details
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Test Score and Rank
COMEDK UGET 2018 Medical Counselling
The candidates who wish to take admission in the medical/dental courses of the various participating colleges of COMEDK must appear in the NEET 2018. The COMEDK UGET Medical counselling will commence from September 8, 2018 (expected). The second round of COMEDK Counselling for medical and dental will also start in September 2018.
LATEST UPDATE: Find the COMEDK Medical counselling schedule for round 2 and other important details related to COMEDK UGET counselling.
The candidates can go through the schedule given below. The dates mentioned in the table are tentative.
COMEDK UGET Medical Merit List
The COMEDK UGET Final Merit List based on the NEET rank will publish on September 6, 2018 (expected). The qualified candidates are called for the the first counselling round. The medical counselling will include biometric, photograph and signature verification process and hence it is mandatory for them to attend the COMEDK counselling. They are required to carry all the important documents listed in the further sections of the article.
LATEST UPDATE: COMEDK UGET Provisional Merit List for MBBS/BDS
Steps to download COMEDK-UGET Provisional Merit List
- Go to the official website of COMEDK- www.comedk.org
- Click on “Latest UGET Med/Den News” section.
- Click on “Comedk Medical/Dental Provisional merit list is notified”
- The COMEDK Provisional Merit List PDF will open
- Check your name, NEET AIR and COMEDK Merit Rank
LATEST UPDATE: COMEDK UGET Final merit list based on NEET Rank
Documents for COMEDK UGET Medical counselling
The candidates should carry the following documents for verification and further counselling process of the COMEDK UGET Medical Counselling.
- Documents for COMEDK UGET Medical counselling
- The candidates should carry the following documents for verification and further counselling process of the COMEDK UGET Medical Counselling.
- NEET 2018 Admit Card
- NEET – UG 2018 Mark sheet / Rank Card
- Copy of COMEDK Online Application Form for participation in COMEDK counselling pursuant to NEET Results
- Minority certificate issued by the educational institution concerned (for Christian, Tulu and Telugu Minority of Karnataka and Non-Karnataka Christian candidates)
- SSC (or equivalent) passing certificate or any other Government document as proof of Date of Birth
- PUC/12th std. (or equivalent) examination marks sheet
- Applicable Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority (for Karnataka Candidates only)
- OBC certificate issued by the competent Authority (for Karnataka Candidates only)
- Domicile certificate, wherever necessary (for Karnataka Candidates only)
- Parent domicile certificate, wherever necessary (for Karnataka Candidates only)
- Eligibility Certificate for claiming seats reserved for Hyderabad Karnataka Region candidates issued by the Assistant Commissioner of the respective sub-division (applicable for Karnataka Candidates only)
- Anyone of the valid photo ID proof
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card / acknowledgment for Aadhaar Card
- Voter’s ID
- Certificate with photo issued by the Head of the Institution last studied
COMEDK UGET 2018 Seat Surrender
COMEDK UGET 2018 shall release the notification regarding the COMEDK UGET 2018 surrender policy on its official website on July 02, 2018 (expected). A candidate to whom a seat was allotted in the first round of counseling can surrender their seat before the commencement of second round of counseling so that it can be offered to a candidate who is eligible of such seat during the second round of counseling.
Surrender of seats would be done online and will also have a separate procedure for the same. The allotment of the surrendered seats of COMEDK UGET 2018 will have different schedule for engineering and architecture.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Cutoff
COMEDK UGET 2018 Cutoff is a predetermined minimal score that must be scored by candidates so that they can be qualified for the rank in merit list. The Cutoff score of COMEDK UGET 2018 cutoff is based on various factors such as number of applicants, availability of seats and difficulty level in the entrance examination.
After declaration of the COMEDK UGET 2018 Result and Rank Card, the COMEDK UGET Counselling for first round will begin fromJune 28, 2018 to July 10, 2018 (expected). Counselling of COMEDK UGET 2018 will be through a Centralized Single Window
- In the first round, counselling will be done for those candidates, who have secured rank upto 43981.
- The 2nd round will be held in fourth week of July, 2018.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Counselling Procedure
To get admission into Engineering and Architecture courses affiliated to COMEDK, candidates have to follow the given steps for counseling:
The candidates appearing in the COMEDK UGET 2018 counselling must verify their document at the counter. Candidates must carry the attested photo copies of the documents. The documents that will be required for the verification of COMEDK UGET counselling includes:
Documents required at the time of COMEDK UGET 2018 Counselling
Candidate must carry a set of attested copies along with the following original documents:
- COMEDK UGET-2018 rank Card
- Proof of Date of Birth (10th or equivalent class certificate)
- COMEDK UGET 2018 admit Card (TAT)
- 2nd PUC or 12th exam Mark sheet
- One photo ID proof like passport, driving license, Aadhar card, voter ID, School / College Photo Identity card etc.
- A crossed Demand Draft for Rs 50,000/- drawn on any nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
Note: The candidates must note that they should mention their name, TAT No., along with their contact details on the back of their DD
After completing the document verification step, candidate will proceed to the next step i.e. Registration process and it has the following steps
- Biometric Verification of the candidates
- Signature Verification
- Online Photo Capturing and Verification
- After successfully verification of the above, candidates will be get a Registration Slip.